21 Jun Summer Skin Care Tips
Summer fun has begun! As you prepare to show more skin, get ready to face the sun’s rays with a few of my favorite tips that will keep your skin glowing all summer and are easy and affordable.
- Faux is Fab! Remember that a real tan comes with real consequences that include skin cancer and accelerated skin aging. There are a lot of great sunless products that will help you Glow without the risks.
- Take care of your feet! Baby Foot Exfoliation Foot Peel is a great peel to keep your feet soft and smooth. Also make sure you wear flip flops or shoes at public pools to avoid foot fungus.
- Amp up your antioxidants and keep your skin hydrated. NEOCUTIS Journee provides lasting hydration, fights environmental stressors with an intensive blend of anti-oxidants and has sunscreen for added protection. Epionce Advanced anti-aging body lotion is a great daily lotion to smooth, soften and hydrate your skin. It also helps reverse the signs of aging.
- EVERY DAY, wear broad spectrum SPF 30+ sunscreen! When you are in the sun re-apply at least every 2 hours. Don’t forget your lips and ears they are easy to forget but are a painful place to sunburn. Many sunscreens look white or ashy but our favorite is Elta Sport SPF 50 which is water resistant, fragrance-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free & doesn’t feel heavy or leave a chalky film.
- Have a “Sun Emergency Kit” that includes an umbrella, sunglasses, a wide brim hat, a light scarf and broad spectrum sunscreen.
- Make H20 your friend! Higher temperatures and more time outdoors leads to internal dehydration. Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day to help maintain critical moisture balance of the body and skin.
- Get that summer glow by exfoliating for clearer, smoother skin. Schedule a microdermabrasion or peel to remove dead skin and to prevent congestion. This will also improve hydration from toners and moisturizers.
We hope that you have a safe and fun summer! If you would like to know more about ensuring or improving the health of your skin, consult one of our experts, we want to help you look and feel your best this summer!